Forest Lakes-Hollymead ClinicPhone: 434-202-2830
1622 Timberwood Blvd Suite 211
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Tuesday and Thursday 11:00am-7:00pm
Forest-Lakes Hollymead Clinic
Forest Lakes-Hollymead Clinic Team
Darcy Higgins, PT, DPT
Kim Thruston,MOT, OTR/L, CHT
Occupational Hand Therapy Program Director
Darcy Higgins, PT
Clinic DirectorDarcy Higgins is the Director of Operations for SPECTRUM Physical Therapy out-patient clinics, and is also the Clinic Director of the Forest Lakes-Hollymead Clinic. He has been a member of the SPECTRUM Physical Therapy team since 1990.
Darcy has a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy and Community Health from Old Dominion University and a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and Environmental Studies from Bowdoin College. Darcy is currently completing course work and research in a transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Shenandoah University.
Darcy treats patients with progressive orthopedic soft tissue and joint mobilization along with individualized therapeutic exercise, fitness and wellness education. His special interests include “hands-on” manual therapy, trigger point dry needling techniques and evidence-based practice for the treatment of back, neck and extremity issues and the management of sports and work injuries with the integration of holistic functional training. His practice focus includes transitioning patients to fitness and recreational activities while providing coordinated care with SPECTRUM Physical Therapy’s community wellness partners.
Darcy lives on a community farm in Stanardsville with his wife and two children (both of whom are in college), where they enjoy outdoor recreational activities, including running, biking and farming. He is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and the Greene County Free Clinic.
Kim Thruston, MOT, OTR/L,CHT
Program DirectorKim Thruston has been a member of the SPECTRUM Physical Therapy Team Since 2016
- Occupational Therapist specializing in Hand Therapy, Certified Hand Therapist.
- Graduated University of Georgia, 1994 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy from Concordia University Wisconsin
- Certified Hand Therapy Credential 2005
Amy K. Kirchhoff-Weinheimer, DPT, CST
Amy Weinheimer has been a member of the SPECTRUM Physical Therapy Team Since 2017
- Focus of Study: Manual Therapy
- McKenzie Certified, CST I, II, Advanced; SER I, II
- Specializing in Shoulder Dysfunction, Neck & Back Pain, Headaches, Chronic Pain
Natasha L. Pena, PTA
Physical Therapy Assistant
Natasha has been a member of the SPECTRUM Physical Therapy Team Since October 2017
- Physical Therapist Assistant Since 2012
- BS in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Associate Degree in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Certified in Kinesio Taping (K1& K2)
- Currently pursuing a Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Natasha is married and has two daughters. She served 8 years in the Army as a Paralegal Specialist and 2 years as a Civil Affairs Specialist. Natasha enjoys playing and coaching soccer, surfing, paddleboarding, snowboarding, restoring antique furniture and spending time with family and friends.
Physical Therapy TechnicianAlaina Peters has been a member of the SPECTRUM Physical Therapy Team since January 2017
- Graduated from Christopher Newport University in 2016 with my BS in Cellular, Molecular, and Physiological Biology with Minors in Chemistry and Psychology
- Alaina is attending Shenandoah University in the Fall to obtain her Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Fun fact: “I love Dachshunds!”
Licensed Massage and Certified Lymphedema TherapistLynn Clemons is a Licensed Massage and Certified Lymphedema Therapist specializing in therapeutic massage for cancer, post surgical patients, orthopedic injuries, and Lymphatic disorders.
Lynn previously treated Lymphedema and Cancer Patients at the Stoney Point Womens Health Center, the Massey Cancer Center, Hermitage Cedarfield, and Westminster Canterbury Assisted Living Communities, and her private practice clinic “Equilibrium Therapy” in Richmond Virginia.
She has been a featured presenter for the Y-Me Breast Cancer National “Lymphedema” teleconference, Casting for Recovery, and the Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation. She has been an instructor for continuing education in massage therapy and currently teaches advanced therapy techniques internationally.
Office CoordinatorLisa Butler has been a member of the SPECTRUM Physical Therapy Team since 2017
- Lisa is from Orange, Virginia, and currently lives in Ruckersville.
- She has 15 years experience in the medical billing field.
- Lisa enjoys reading, walking, traveling, and live music.
Spectrum Physical Therapy Services
Fitness and Wellness
Schedule An Appointment